Privacy Rights for California Residents
Updated: April 1st, 2021
Beginning January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) provides California residents with a set of additional rights.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that YouMail delete personal information that we collect or maintain about you and your account. To fulfill these requests, we must cancel and delete your account, which cannot be undone.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that YouMail disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you as well as information about how we collect, use, disclose, and “sell” personal information.
If you choose to exercise any of these rights, unless permitted by applicable law, you will not receive different prices or quality of service.
In general, we collect the following categories of personal information, as defined in the CCPA, directly from you or indirectly through your use of the YouMail service, and may have disclosed this information for a business purpose:
- Identifiers, such as your name, phone number, email, address, and other similar identifiers.
- Personal information in categories listed in the California Customer Records provision, such as payment information.
- Commercial information, such as the YouMail plans you subscribe to.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or other similar information.
- Inferences based on the information we collect from or about you.
YouMail never provides personal information to third parties for the purposes of contacting you or directly sending you promotional information about their products and services directly.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the above rights regarding personal information collected by YouMail, you or your authorized agent need to submit a verifiable consumer request. To do so, either:
- Go to compliance.youmail.com and fill out the CCPA request. You will be required to verify your identity.
- Or call 800-374-0013 and speak with a customer support representative.
YouMail has very limited personal information used for a business purpose, as defined in the CCPA, about anyone who is not a registered YouMail user. However you may make a request, and you will be required to verify your request, including by providing your name, phone number, and email address.